Thursday Night Rides

Armor11

So I am on BC Sport Bike forum also and saw that they have a Kamloops Thursday night ride!! Went last night with Jacob and met up with the group. Good ride to SunPeaks and a good ride for Jacobs first group ride. Just thought I would mention it here just incase some of you hadn't heard about this regular group ride. BTW, they said all bikes welcome, not just sports.

bcsportbikes.com

LegalAlien

Super Moderator
I've been on those rides. Jim, that used to work at Leading Edge Kawasaki and later at Kamloops Yamaha (now Schultz Motorsports) used to organize those rides. Thursday night rides for everybody and on Sundays the more "spirited" rides for the experienced riders. Thursday nights was meeting at the shop and go from there. He even had an "annual" meet at Zacks, all the bikes parked on Victoria Street and with tons of door prizes. He also organized year after year the bus trips to the Vancouver Motorcycle Show.
But then Jim left for a shop in Kelowna (or Vernon) and that was the end of that all. So what's the scoop now?

Last edited:

Armor11

Not sure of the guys name, horrible with names (thats why they are printed on my coveralls). But I am pretty sure he is a mechanic at Shultz. Not sure about the Sunday ride, I think it is in place, but we had about 8 riders out last night. Every Thursday meet and try to wheel out at 6pm.

LegalAlien

Super Moderator
He's a really nice guy. He won some sort of "Best Motorcycle Mechanic of Canada" award, I think he even went to Japan after that.
I don't think he will organize the spirited rides on Sundays, because he teaches Sunday School at his church. That's a different kind of spirited ride.