Requiem for a biker.

LegalAlien

Super Moderator
It's all been said: good reminder, moving, wake up call, sobering, powerful.
A lot of us have seen it and many have said one should watch it at least once a year.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3OITef_-5Y"]YouTube- Requiem for a Biker[/nomedia]

Last edited:

LegalAlien

Super Moderator

Dudette

Isn't it sad that even after so many "commercials" and witnessed accidents some drinking and driving is still happening???!!!! :shaking head:

myzed1000

The scary thing is that it is not just drinking and driving - it is all the distractions available for purchase to put into your vehicle, not to mention the complete lack of respect and consideration for others on the road. I don't know about anybody else out there, but I refuse to get a helmet with bluetooth capability and do not need communications. I will listen to my MP3 but it does NOT drown out anything else. I have it high enough to be "background" music, but I can still hear horns, sirens and, of course my bike.

Today's motorist has some kind of hands free device, stereo, GPS and let's not forget a DVD-capable stereo face! Mind you I still see people talking and texting while they are driving, regardless of the law. But then again when two friends are having a good conversation in the car, who the heck is paying attention???

My husband is a paramedic in the Vancouver area, commuting from Chilliwack, mostly on his bike for the season. He has had more close calls than one should think, as people are too wrapped up in their own little world locked inside their cages. He has also answered a pile of calls for downed riders, most of them fatal. The average citizen will blame it on the rider, thinking they are speeding - I guess because that is what we do... In his experience, it has been the car or truck's fault as the driver is definitely NOT paying attention. I nearly became the filling in a truck sandwich because the driver didn't check out his blind spot. It's a sad sad world when one has to ride with one's thumb over the horn button...

:WTF:

LegalAlien

Super Moderator
Mind you I still see people talking and texting while they are driving, regardless of the law.
I see them once in a while where I live, but my girlfriend, who works in Kamloops, says it's about every tenth driver.
But then again when two friends are having a good conversation in the car, who the heck is paying attention???
Research has shown that people react different (read: unsafe) when they are talking with a hands-free device than when they are talking to an other person in the same vehicle.