New member welcome thread..

Admin

Founder
Staff member
Ive added this thread for all to introduce yourself....

Ill go first...

Hi all I am From Langley BC Canada. I started this site due to a lack of a friendly place dedicated to ALL BC motorcycle riders .... It is a sister site to Yamaha FZ6 Forum Community and is based on it

It doesnt matter how crappy a day I have had, all I have to do is put on my gear and go.... The world disappears... the FZ6 is my first bike.. Its a 2005 Galaxy Blue one.. (Yeah the blue ones are faster... Its not a rumor). I am an Engineer and currently work rebuilding crash damaged helicopters and general Helicopter maintenance..... Okay nuff about me... Who is next....

Dennis

Borgnine

hello

Old guy (50s) got back into biking after a few years away from it.
Bought a new Bandit 650 last summer. Love it.
Looking forward to meeting some sane but fun people to ride with.

Attachments

OneTrack

I'm a bit older than that Borgnine kid at 62, but the same story.....Got back into motorcycling after a few decades away from the sport with a new 06 FZ6 and enjoying every minute of it. My wife says it's the craziest thing I've done in years, so there's validation for you. :D

Harry2010

Vstrom rider

I ride a V strom and love it! It would be nice to meet some other riders for day rides as the riding season is upon us.

Ebicat

I'm 14, so I'm in the middle of the age group.

I have a Multistrada.

I'm aging backwards though, so it's ok.

LegalAlien

Super Moderator
The seniors are taking over..........

I'm 51 (and a half). I started riding in Holland in the 70's on a 49cc Puch Skylark. Bought myself in the 80's a real motorcycle (Yamaha XV1000), traded that one for a Kawasaki GPZ 900r. Took the Kawi every year to the TT in Assen. Emigrated to Canada in '96 and bought my R1 in 2005. I live in Clearwater, 100 km North of Kamloops in beautiful Wells Gray Country.

Kerberos

I'm 36, I saw this site posted on BCSB. I've been riding since 2000 when I got a 650 Nighthawk, then a 750 shadow, then a 750 NH. I quickly outgrew the 750 NH and now I have an R1200RT which is better suited to the LD sport touring I prefer to do. I also commute daily on the RT which helps keep my senses tuned. Its good to see an all round motorcycle forum, here's hoping for much success!

Attachments

R

robgixxer

Hey everyone

I ride a gsxr 750 in the south okanagan. Hope to meet new people to ride with in Okanagan area. I heard of this sight on Okanagan Sportbikes.com So i checked it out. The weather is getting better everyday. So anyway you all have a safe and fun rides this year. See you out there.

A

Admin2

Welcome 2

Hi all, I am also from Langley BC. I jumped on with Dennis as well to build a friendly forum that all bikers can be a part of.

I got on the bike 4 years ago and bought a Yamaha FZ6 2004. Now I've got the bug so bad I don't think I could be without one. I'm looking at getting a dual sport as well to do a bit of off roading. Looking forward to some future rides with some of you in the future.

Cheers!

Cliff

wolverine

Dual purpose rider

Hi, I'm 34 living in Kelowna, I ride a dual purpose/touring GS1200, riding as much as I can around the province, just sold my street bike a R6 once I found I'm no longer hip enough to keep up with the young guys on that type of bike, so instead I bought a touring bike.

REAPER

Hey, I am 38, live in Surrey and looking to meet people to ride with.
I work on call so hard to join in on group rides. Figure the more people I meet the better chance of someone to ride with when I can. I ride an 03 CBR600RR.

Last edited:

FZ4evr

Hi

Hi everyone, I live in Hope and ride both street and dirt bike. I been riding a long time as I am 41. My main mistress is a 2006 FZ1 and the other is a kdx220. One thats clean and sexy and the other that does not mind getting dirty. I seen this site on the BCSB.

For any of you that ride the canyon (#1) it is rough in stops near Lytton both sides. Otherwise, it was pretty good shape. I had to go up to Clinton for business and boy did that ride make me miss my bike.

Stiletto

Hi, I'm Stiletto, from Maple Ridge. I ride an 07 GSXR600.

Not sure I'll be around much.. while I do enjoy meeting local riders, I don't enjoy the T and A avatars some guys like to use. Sozzard, I do find them offensive.. put a pic of your bike there dude.

I'm guessing.. not all females feel this way.. but think.. would you want to be on a forum with a bunch of avatars of men's packages?

I wonder how many women check out the site and then just leave cos of it.

Last edited:

Dudette

Not sure I'll be around much.. while I do enjoy meeting local riders, I don't enjoy the T and A avatars some guys like to use. Sozzard, I do find them offensive.. put a pic of your bike there dude.

I'm guessing.. not all females feel this way.. but think.. would you want to be on a forum with a bunch of avatars of men's packages?

I am a woman and I've been on this site for a bit now. While I share your dislike for some of the avatars.....I choose to focus on what the boys have to say (post). Much better way to "judge" the dude......(if I was here to judge anyone....that is).

I go on BCSB and there is also use of this kind of avatar. While the ladies are in much greater numbers on the road as riders you have to keep in mind that it is still a "men's world".....I hate to think that way but I've been evolving in this set up for many many years and just appreciate the guys who are not "like all the others" in the crowd.
But of course if it becomes to offensive WE always have the choice to move on..........

Stick around........you might get surprised by the content not the look.!!!

By the way...I too ride a gixxer.....750. And....I'M ONE OF THE BOYS!!!

LegalAlien

Super Moderator

Hi Stiletto welcome to the site. :welcome:
Like Dudette said (unfortunately) motorcycling is still mostly a "men's world" and the first thing that came to my mind when I saw your user name proofs that again. I thought: "Hey, "stiletto", I just bought myself a brand new titanium Stiletto hammer, this guy knows his tools, he must have one too." Then I read your post and realized you're a female, so it's not a hammer. Or......am I being sexist now because your "stiletto" is not revering to high heels at all but to a knife, or even.........a hammer? :D
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are no T-avatars on this site and only one B(um)-avatar. And I have never seen any disrespect, in threads or posts on this site, towards any of the female members. I do encourage you, and the other ladies on this forum, to bring some "piss and vinegar" to the site when needed (in pics, avatars or words).
Having said that, I do hope we will see you "around much" :thumbup:.

Dudette

Hi Stiletto welcome to the site. :welcome:
Like Dudette said (unfortunately) motorcycling is still mostly a "men's world" and the first thing that came to my mind when I saw your user name proofs that again. I thought: "Hey, "stiletto", I just bought myself a brand new titanium Stiletto hammer, this guy knows his tools, he must have one too." Then I read your post and realized you're a female, so it's not a hammer. Or......am I being sexist now because your "stiletto" is not revering to high heels at all but to a knife, or even.........a hammer? :D
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are no T-avatars on this site and only one B(um)-avatar. And I have never seen any disrespect, in threads or posts on this site, towards any of the female members. I do encourage you, and the other ladies on this forum, to bring some "piss and vinegar" to the site when needed (in pics, avatars or words).
Having said that, I do hope we will see you "around much" :thumbup:.

Funny you would think of a hammer.......

But then again Stiletto....aren't you "placing" yourself in a "cliche" type of place with such a name??? Just a little food for thoughts.......

LegalAlien

Super Moderator
Funny you would think of a hammer.......
If I had been the aggressive punk type I would have thought of a cool, sharp, big knife, but I'm not that tough a guy so I was thinking of a $150 - $300 hammer.
That's what I use to bash someones head in :th_smiley_rotfl2[1].

Dudette

If I had been the aggressive punk type I would have thought of a cool, sharp, big knife, but I'm not that tough a guy so I was thinking of a $150 - $300 hammer.
That's what I use to bash someones head in :th_smiley_rotfl2[1].

Does it work good??? I might have to "borrow" it........:D