Food Finds

LD-2005

I'm wondering if anyone out there has made a 'wonderful find' in little holes in the wall eateries that are off the beaten track but well worth the visit.

I've found a couple on Vancouver Island.
1 up in Courtenay this past weekend just past Courtenay Motorsports. A place called the Carnival Caribbean Cabana. Ohhh man they have awesome jerked chicken and jamican patties! Yummers:drool::drool:

2 - another place that has the best bread pudding I've tested in a long time is the Crow and Gate in Cedar (just outside of nanaimo). Very english decor with awesome food that is reasonably prices. The plowman is another fav of mine. Crow and Gate Pub in Cedar, Vancouver Island, BC

3 - And yet another is the Rockinghorse Pub just outside of Parksville/ Qualicum area. Traditional food. Their steak and kidney pie is :drool::drool::drool::drool:

What's your find and where?

LegalAlien

Super Moderator
If you want to eat a killer burger on one of your rides, you should go to the "Old Towne Inn" in Boston Bar and order the loggers burger. It is a foot high and quote You don't have to be a logger to order it unquote.

LD-2005

Thanks Dudette! I'll mark that down and when I take my 3 1/2 week trip this summer I'll try and stop in!

LD-2005

lol.. but the slow meandering track from Van Isle to Wpg then back to Prince George for a Rally does. ;)

LD-2005

It's the Western Rally for the Canadian Motorcycle Cruisers that I belong to. This year its in Prince George! So I'm tying my vacation into the rally dates.

jafkaf81

It's the Western Rally for the Canadian Motorcycle Cruisers that I belong to. This year its in Prince George! So I'm tying my vacation into the rally dates.
LD-2005...........you should post up some info about the rally , incase some others want to join in on the fun . Unless , your too cool for school and don't want us non- Canadian Motorcycle Cruisers member types around . :confused0024: ............

Dudette

LD-2005...........you should post up some info about the rally , incase some others want to join in on the fun . Unless , your too cool for school and don't want us non- Canadian Motorcycle Cruisers member types around . :confused0024: ............

If they're anything like me....and others....(that I won't name) it's not a matter of too cool as much as being "selective".........:p

LD-2005

LOL.. not too-cool-for-school or anything. Just hesitant about posting information and stepping over lines of conduct on this forum. I'm relatively new here and don't want to offend anyone by looking like I'm recruiting. :scared0016:

LegalAlien

Super Moderator
Just hesitant about posting information and stepping over lines of conduct on this forum. I'm relatively new here and don't want to offend anyone by looking like I'm recruiting. :scared0016:
Don't be hesitant, everybody is still new here, even the site is new. Just don't get discouraged if you don't get the response you were hoping for, there is still, relatively, only a few members.

LD-2005

Don't be hesitant, everybody is still new here, even the site is new. Just don't get discouraged if you don't get the response you were hoping for, there is still, relatively, only a few members.
Thanks for the heads up, Legal

jafkaf81 - The rally is specifically for Canadian Motorcycle Cruiser members. (Although I'm really not sure why they call it a 'cruiser' club when there are sport bikes that ride in the clubs :confused:)

CMC - Canadian Motorcycle Cruisers

if you want to find out if the organizers will allow non members to partake and ride on some of the rides (i'm thinkin' the Barkerville one is gonna be great) you might want to contact them via this page:

2010 CMC Western Rally