BC Riders meet in Merritt, revisited

wildbillers

BC Riders meet in Merritt, revisited Aug 21/10

I think LegalAlien and robgixxer had a great idea here. Would there be any interest to try this again this summer????
Try to arrange this now so more can plan to show....
I'm thinking a weekend in July, but we will iron that out once there is some feedback on what works for others!
I would need help from anyone for a meeting place since i don't know Merrit very well

Any Thoughts???
:woot:

Last edited:

Dudette

I think LegalAlien and robgixxer had a great idea here. Would there be any interest to try this again this summer????
Try to arrange this now so more can plan to show....
I'm thinking a weekend in July, but we will iron that out once there is some feedback on what works for others!
I would need help from anyone for a meeting place since i don't know Merrit very well

Any Thoughts???
:woot:

There's a nice little pub in Merritt just beside the Chevron. It's the same exit as the Husky Truck Stop. Plenty of parking spots......and food is good. Could get the name for you shortly since I drive by quite a bit.
I'm away in July since I'm going down to GP in Laguna Seca.....

wildbillers

There's a nice little pub in Merritt just beside the Chevron. It's the same exit as the Husky Truck Stop. Plenty of parking spots......and food is good. Could get the name for you shortly since I drive by quite a bit.
I'm away in July since I'm going down to GP in Laguna Seca.....
awsome, thanks

If you would like to be there we could make it for August instead?
this is in the planning/suggestion stage to see what works for everyone!

Dudette

awsome, thanks

If you would like to be there we could make it for August instead?
this is in the planning/suggestion stage to see what works for everyone!

Thanks for the offer.....but being self employed I never know much in advance my schedule and I wouldn't want people to work around my July trip to end up having me not going anyway because of something else. :rant:

LegalAlien

Super Moderator
Hey wildbillers, awesome idea but, a little bit the same here. I'm also thinking of going to Laguna, but June or August sounds good to me.

Dudette

Here's the info for the pub in Merritt. Just went by again today......

Middlesboro Neighbourhood Pub

We used to stop there quite a bit on our weekly ride and I always liked the place and the food and they have O'Doules alcohol free beer. :icon_beer:

Ambrzee

I'm in!! Sounds like a great time, and I'm ok for July or August! Middlesboro Pub sounds like a good spot as well, Dudette. Lookin' forward to meeting everyone...

wildbillers

Well how about we shoot for an August weekend. between the bug run and other out of town events, sounds like that may work out better??
The pub sounds like a good spot as well! it is still very early but i wanted to throw this idea out there to see how it would go. for all I Know something may come up and I Wouldn't be able to make it as well. lets play it by ear for now and go from there!

Dudette

Well how about we shoot for an August weekend. between the bug run and other out of town events, sounds like that may work out better??
The pub sounds like a good spot as well! it is still very early but i wanted to throw this idea out there to see how it would go. for all I Know something may come up and I Wouldn't be able to make it as well. lets play it by ear for now and go from there!

Sure.......just keep refreshing our "memory" every once in a while.....pleaase!

jafkaf81

Route ??? for us lower mainlanders
Canyon to Spences Bridge , take Hwy #8 to Merrit

Lunch at Pub

Hwy 5a south, to Princeton , and #3 east through manning park :rockon:

wildbillers

Lunch at Pub

You were reading my mind!!!! I wanted to make sure we hit the 5A to Princton as a must!!!!:rockon:

Dudette

Lunch at Pub

How about you get you "butt" out of bed early.....do the Duffy to Lillooet...to Lytton...to Spence Bridge to Merritt.....
Lunch.....then resume to Princeton and Manning on the way back......

Now that is riding...........:flash:

Smokin Sam

Duffy lake road is one of my favorites. I haven't been on it in ten years, I wonder how it has changed. Pavillion Lake is such a cool color!

jafkaf81

How about you get you "butt" out of bed early.....do the Duffy to Lillooet...to Lytton...to Spence Bridge to Merritt.....
Lunch.....then resume to Princeton and Manning on the way back......

Now that is riding...........:flash:
I do love the Duff..........but last year we did it so many times that I missed out on the #8 run too much . The Duff will be done though , no season is complete without it ........:thumbup:

jafkaf81

Duffy lake road is one of my favorites. I haven't been on it in ten years, I wonder how it has changed. Pavillion Lake is such a cool color!
Lots of new pavement up there now , bridges reworked etc..... top notch road to ride , Lillo to Cache passing Pavillion is one of the best rides, wether you go slow on the hog , or top speed on a crotch rocket :sinister: