Thread: Escaping SF/Sportbikin BC

Default Escaping SF/Sportbikin BC

Hello out there!!
    I am fleeing SF bay area with my Aprilia and truck with tools. Looking forward to doing some exploring on my bike as well as look for work. Any other Aprilia or sportriders want to show me around the twisties in the Vancouver area? I'm looking at arriving around 6/20 and will be using my bike to look for work as well. I'm a licensed Calif contractor with a dual citizenship and a ton of renovation and finish carpentry skills. Anyone know a goodguy/motorcycle riding contractor that can use some skilled help? I will be residing near west van at a family members house. I'm a big fan of MotoGP, WSBK, so if you guys have a meeting place for the races...first beer is on me! I have camping spot (3nites) at the corkscrew for the MotoGP at Laguna in July that I may have to sell if I stay in BC, or lets put together a group and ride from the Cal/Oregon border?
    Look forward to hearing from some riders!
    Michael

Welcome Michael. You'll find only a few of us who live in the lower mainland on this forum. I'm supposed to live in Langley but find I'm spending most of spring summer and fall in Princeton. You can try bcsportbikes.com - News as most of it's members are in the Vancouver area. Tell them Dirtybill sent you.

btw, If you like the rough life, my new neighbour is in the process of building a log home. I'll ask him if he's going to need a finishing carpenter. Lots of dirtbiking atving, fishing etc up here.
    Last edited by Dirtybill; 06-06-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Welcome to the site Michael.....and as Bill said this site is limited on sportbikes riders, while there are a few, but the other one is "polulated" by it.
    There are indeed some very nice roads to be enjoyed around here........hope you'll have fun and find yourself some work.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvrmikee View Post
    Hello out there!!
    I am fleeing SF bay area with my Aprilia and truck with tools. Looking forward to doing some exploring on my bike as well as look for work. Any other Aprilia or sportriders want to show me around the twisties in the Vancouver area? I'm looking at arriving around 6/20 and will be using my bike to look for work as well. I'm a licensed Calif contractor with a dual citizenship and a ton of renovation and finish carpentry skills. Anyone know a goodguy/motorcycle riding contractor that can use some skilled help? I will be residing near west van at a family members house. I'm a big fan of MotoGP, WSBK, so if you guys have a meeting place for the races...first beer is on me! I have camping spot (3nites) at the corkscrew for the MotoGP at Laguna in July that I may have to sell if I stay in BC, or lets put together a group and ride from the Cal/Oregon border?
    Look forward to hearing from some riders!
    Michael
    There are a lot of fly by night shady reno contractors working in the Vancouver area, be careful who you tag up with, if anyone... Lots of work though for honest skilled guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtybill View Post
    .... You can try bcsportbikes.com - News as most of it's members are in the Vancouver area. Tell them Dirtybill sent you..
    Haha that'll go over well Michael... Bill has a certain .. err .... um .... reputation, and not all tend to agree with his comments.. There are lots of flakes on that site but also some good folks, well me anyway Dudette to
    Last edited by SilverD; 06-06-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Hey Dirtybill! U related to Dollarbill? Charges way too much for haircuts in SF. Thanks for getting back to me! If I find myself riding to the interior I'll look you up. Don't have a dirtbike, but do have a wakeboard! I've also built a couple of log homes in my day, pretty fun, Thanks again!

Hey SilverD! Like the twisty pic, looks like it's beggin for a bike to fly by! Thanks for the warning, I'm getting better at selecting business partners! But all I can do is go about my business in the same manner as always- treat others as I would like to be treated! Too honest for my own good, been taken before! I'll look you up when I land and get settled, coffee or beer?

Hey Dudette! Thanks for getting back to me! Look forward to twisty roads & fun times..Clearwater looks like a long ways away from Vanc, roads good?

Hey Dudette! Thanks for getting back to me! Look forward to twisty roads & fun times..Clearwater looks like a long ways away from Vanc, roads good?
    Actually it is about 5 hours from Vancouver and many great ways to get here from there. Some shorter but not as fun as the longer way around. If you hook up with SilverD....he'll take you on some great rides. He's my "guru of the goat trail"....hi hi hi.....
    And as for GP....I'm also a fan but as a volunteer. I'm heading out there again this year and have been involved pretty much since 2008. Even did the first year Utah got the WSBK.....

Maybe you'll find your way up here sometimes over the summer.........

Hey SilverD! Like the twisty pic, looks like it's beggin for a bike to fly by! Thanks for the warning, I'm getting better at selecting business partners! But all I can do is go about my business in the same manner as always- treat others as I would like to be treated! Too honest for my own good, been taken before! I'll look you up when I land and get settled, coffee or beer?
    Haha actually that's a WA road where I .. err took a little flight over a cliff on my ZX9 oh so long ago. To the left of the curve is a drop down a couple hundred feet to the ocean.

Beer always trumps coffee.
    Last edited by SilverD; 06-06-2012 at 06:35 PM.

to the site Michael.
    We still have to plan our annual Meet in Merritt ( http://www.bcriders.net/forum/f23/4t...-merritt-2131/ ), that would be a nice opportunity to meet a few of our members.
    "Teach me to do it myself" Dr. Maria Montessori (1870-1952)

BC Riders Member # 20

Thread Information