Thread: Motorcycle oil filter cross reference

Default Motorcycle oil filter cross reference

Some interesting points made here.

Motorcycle Oil Filter Cross Reference

Too bad it doesn't go higher than 2007. But I love my K&N oil filter, so easy to change with that integrated nut on the filter.
    "Teach me to do it myself" Dr. Maria Montessori (1870-1952)

BC Riders Member # 20

Thumbs up

I checked out the rest of nessy357's site (Motorcycle Info and Accessories) and decided to bookmark it, there is a ton of information on it.
    Trevor, you will be pleased to see their dedicated section on the ST1300.

BC Riders Member # 20

Quote Originally Posted by LegalAlien View Post
    I checked out the rest of nessy357's site (Motorcycle Info and Accessories) and decided to bookmark it, there is a ton of information on it.
    Trevor, you will be pleased to see their dedicated section on the ST1300.
    The motorcycle turntable shown on the website refered to here is made out of a lazysusan bearing plate cool idea, my Wing takes several back and forth
    manuvers to turn it around in my garage which is always a nuisance.I'll make one of these and try it out, requires the bike has a center stand which all wings have.

One of the first sites I looked at. Another one was a page on mods someone did.

If you're looking at the filters remember the longer the filter the higher capacity it should have thus the short k&n isn't the best for the longest time, definitely convenient though.

I was told by the local parts store that Purolator is one of the better oil filters ? When I asked him for a "PL14612" (# 5 ) he said the "P" is for performance, and the standard would be a "L14612". So I put a standard in my quad and my son put the performance in his CBR 600. the performance was longer , different filtration (according to site) and had a silcone seal.
    Cheers Bob

Quote Originally Posted by schmii View Post
    If you're looking at the filters remember the longer the filter the higher capacity it should have thus the short k&n isn't the best for the longest time, definitely convenient though.
    In my case, luckily the K&N filter is the same size and I choose for the convenience of the little extra nut over using the "huge" Yamaha oil filter wrench in the confined space that is available.

Quote Originally Posted by nessy357 View Post
    I was told by the local parts store that Purolator is one of the better oil filters
    Here is a quote from the article:
    The Purolator ML line of filters is made in China, imported, and rebranded to Purolator. That's your big clue about how much they love you and how carefully they engineer filters for your bike.

BC Riders Member # 20

There's a summary on the other page:

Motorcycle Oil and Filters

one of the recommended is the purolator. I put a few on the shelf.

I always suspect someone telling you to use "car oil" in your bike. They run different detergents than "motorcycle oil" does. Also some of the shear agents WILL MESS WITH your clutch. If it is OK for a wet clutch it will say so on the container. In a bind you can usually use some deisel engine oils. We sell a ton of K&N filters. They are a little more than some of the other filters but people don't seem to mind and usually request them when offered a choice. Their air filters ROCK! I highly recommend K&N. That is an excellent site for the filter conversions and a bunch of other stuff.

Thread Information