Thread: Looking for ideas

Cool Looking for ideas

Hi everybody! (Hi Dr. Nick). Last summer, I bought my first bike and fell in love with riding. An 81 Honda Silver Wing GL500. It's a wicked lil bike. Anyways, being from the northern part of BC, the riding season is short, so it got parked early and I did a full restoration on it. I finished that about two weeks ago and now I'm bored and bit by the bug. So now, I have an idea for a custom bobber, but I'm not sure where to start. I know what I'm looking for, some what, but don't know what bikes to look at. I'm thinking either v-4 or straight 4, belt driven, around 1000cc. And not a Harley, not a hard tail and fairly easy to work on. The plan involves chopping the rear fender, lowering it and few other ideas I'll disclose at a later date once I find the perfect bike and begin work. But yes, any one have some good ideas on what bikes I should look at? Thanks in advanced.

Junior Member Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Good ? on type of bike and/or cc. you can make any bike into a Bobber, personally I would pick ridge frame model in Honda or Yamaha models.. European bikes are great but mechanical parts can be an issue..

Anyway on a short note: with not much help, I respond and follow your endeavor..

Cheer'z
    Froggy
    FrogDogz Ridez

-
    Google +
    - YouTube

7 days registered

I've actually been leaning towards a cb900. A buddy of mine has an 81 and loves it, except for the rotor burning out(common problem with them from what I hear). And since the GL is based off the CB, I've got a bit of experience working with them. Now, I just gotta find one without having to head too far south. That's gonna be the hard part.

3 months registered500 Experience Points

Ok ... I get nasty now LOL... get rid of the CB/GL Honda thing and make a real bobber.. go for a V-twin, air cooled, chain drive.

Your not into Harleys, no worries, Try Indian or old Victory for some looks, power and style..

I could easily take the front fender, side panels and squat seat off my VTX, chop the rear fender in half and call it a bobber..

expand your experiences

I look forward to see what you come up with, It's always kewl customizing something

Cheer'z
    Last edited by FrogDog; 02-15-2017 at 02:08 PM.
    FrogDogz Ridez

-
    Google +
    - YouTube

Thread Information