Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New member welcome thread..

Default Greetings from the Island

Hi everyone, I've been riding since the mid 70's. First started on the Honda XL 250's, then bought a Honda 750F, quickly switched to Kawi's and have had them ever since! My first Kawasaki was an 82 GPZ750R-1, I wanted the 1100 but wasn't ready yet. In 1985 I bought a brand new 1984 KZ1100R-1 which I still have to this day! Its my 'keeper' bike! Just finished restoring it and she's as good as new, Wiseco 1170 piston kit, 33mm Mikuni smoothbores, Earls oil cooler, Kerker header, S-1 rearsets, Eddie Lawson paint scheme. I've also had an 87 Concours which I used to complete a couple of the Iron Butt Association rides. I'm glad to have done them but I'll never do that again! IBA's logo says 'Worlds Toughest Riders'... believe it!
    In 2006 I bought an 04 Harley Road King, I really enjoy this bike actually, gets around quite nicely, it has a Headquarters 95" kit with other mods that make it quite acceptable in the power department. I've attached a trailer hitch and my wife and I tow a tent trailer with it, no problems so far! Hope to head down to Utah and spend some time there before summer.
    This forum seems to be mainland-centric but I enjoy reading about peoples adventures and I look forward to viewing the site.
    Thanks for listening,
    Glenn

Junior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Hey everyone!
    nize to meet you. I got my first bike in 1973 , a Hawian Blue honda z50! my parents thought it was safer than playing hockey????????. So Just turned 50...I don`t feel that old yet,,maybe sometimes. I ride with a group in the Fraser Valley called the Pieracers, (Old farts on on sportbikes) Damm I just sold my sportbike , so when a grey hair with a knee down in corner passes you on the outside... thats us..
    Einsam_1

Super Moderator Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger First Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    In 1985 I bought a brand new 1984 KZ1100R-1 which I still have to this day! Its my 'keeper' bike!
    Glenn
    Hi Glenn,
    Welcome to the site .
    I noticed your e-mail address in the Moderator Control Panel and it brought me to the kz1000r.com site. So I'm not surprised that the KZ1100R your baby is. I rode a GPz900r in the 80s/90s myself, very fast bike in those days.
    Don't forget Sunday March 14,
    Last edited by LegalAlien; 03-12-2010 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Added link
    "Teach me to do it myself" Dr. Maria Montessori (1870-1952)

BC Riders Member # 20

Senior Member Achievements:
    Created Album picturesThree FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender

Quote Originally Posted by LegalAlien View Post
    Hi Glenn,
    Welcome to the site .
    I noticed your e-mail address in the Moderator Control Panel and it brought me to the kz1000r.com site. So I'm not surprised that the KZ1100R your baby is. I rode a GPz900r in the 80s/90s myself, very fast bike in those days.

And.....I still have my 86' Ninja 900R with 100,000ks on. Still looks good and still runs good.

Awards:
    Posting Award
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by einsam_1 View Post
    Hey everyone!
    nize to meet you. I got my first bike in 1973 , a Hawian Blue honda z50! my parents thought it was safer than playing hockey????????. So Just turned 50...I don`t feel that old yet,,maybe sometimes. I ride with a group in the Fraser Valley called the Pieracers, (Old farts on on sportbikes) Damm I just sold my sportbike , so when a grey hair with a knee down in corner passes you on the outside... thats us..
    Einsam_1
    Hi einsam 1 (lonely 1, thanks to my High School German)
    50........so you're still a young buck and you can call me mr. LegalAlien .
    Do you happen to ride with SilverD, another speeding geezer hooligan, in the valley?
    Enjoy your stay here.

BC Riders Member # 20

Senior Member Achievements:
    Created Album picturesThree FriendsOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender

Careful with the geezer.......SilverD happens to be one of my "buddies"......buster!!
    But I was also wondering about that myself!!!

Default haha.. right.. new here..

Quote Originally Posted by Dudette View Post
    Funny you would think of a hammer.......

But then again Stiletto....aren't you "placing" yourself in a "cliche" type of place with such a name??? Just a little food for thoughts.......
    Sorry, been on other sites so long.. and people know me well enough to know.. it's not the shoe.

I'm a Wiccan. Our ceremonial blades are typically symmetrical.. like a stiletto. It's the knife, not the shoe, nor the hammer, although I did find the shoe a useful weapon one night in a parking lot a long time ago with a fella who thought NO meant be more forceful.

I've always been attracted to vicious looking blades.. truth is I forget it's a heel style.. but then.. the heel is named after the blade, no?

LAST edit.. I hope. Generally.. I guess I'm just sick of the sexist avatars cos most of my interests are still "boys territory".. I'm an electronics tech, only female to pass the course.. I ride, and I drum. The Pearl Drums forum was so full of sexist crap I never stuck around.. after decades of it I'm just full up to here and past.. o.O
    Last edited by Stiletto; 03-13-2010 at 10:47 AM.

Awards:
    Posting Award
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
    I'm a Wiccan.
    I googled it and read some interesting things. "Stuff" like that always fascinates me. But, if your ceremonial blades are actually called "athame", why do you link your username to it as "stiletto"? (Personally I find that "athame" looks and sounds better and has more of the mysticism to it.)
    And if I'm not mistake you've got Ostara coming up little over a week from now?

I guess I'm just sick of the sexist avatars cos most of my interests are still "boys territory".. The Pearl Drums forum was so full of sexist crap I never stuck around.. after decades of it I'm just full up to here and past.. o.O
    So, did you try the "piss and vinegar method" like I suggested, and how did it work?

BTW, nice bike.

BC Riders Member # 20

Quote Originally Posted by LegalAlien View Post
    I googled it and read some interesting things. "Stuff" like that always fascinates me. But, if your ceremonial blades are actually called "athame", why do you link your username to it as "stiletto"? (Personally I find that "athame" looks and sounds better and has more of the mysticism to it.)
    And if I'm not mistake you've got Ostara coming up little over a week from now?

So, did you try the "piss and vinegar method" like I suggested, and how did it work?

BTW, nice bike.
    Mmm.. piss and vinegar gets you labelled "Bitch" or worse pretty quickly. So be it

Re the Athame.. I'm more than just a Wiccan, and I like the stiletto in particular. Yes, Ostara in just about a week

To be honest, I get tired of answering Wiccan related questions.. so I'd be hesitant to use Athame as a name.. I'm not wiki lol.

Awards:
    Posting Award
    Blog Entries

Mmm.. piss and vinegar gets you labelled "Bitch" or worse pretty quickly. So be it
    Yes, I guess you could be right.
    Your user name tells something about you and my user name tells something about me, so I can hide behind my "second language thing" . My girlfriend "accuses" me often that I'm full of pis and vinegar, be she revers more to the fun-side of it.

BC Riders Member # 20

Thread Information